[Igcm] GIS Website - August 2018 Map of the Month

Idaho Geospatial Council Membership igcm at admws.idaho.gov
Tue Aug 7 07:31:12 MDT 2018

The August "Map of the Month" has been posted to the GIS website (along with maps previously posted to the site) and can now be viewed at:  http://gis.idaho.gov/portal/maps/gallery.html

This month, we are featuring a map designed by Esri presenting active wildfires in the United States. Smoke forecasts (disseminated by the National Weather Service) are shown in 1-hour increments 24 hours out. The source for the locations and perimeters is GeoMAC, a multi-agency coordination including DOI, USGS, NIFC, RSAC, USFS, NASA, BLM, NGDC, and NOAA.

***We are seeking maps!  If you have a map you would like to share, please send it to me and we will feature it in an upcoming month***

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D40C6F.CE2C2610]

Please note my new email address

Erin Seaman
Assistant to:
    Jeff Weak, Administrator
    Greg Zickau, Deputy Administrator / Chief Information Officer
Administrative support: Idaho Technology Authority (ITA)
IT Services (ITS) | Executive Office of the Governor
Erin.Seaman at its.idaho.gov<mailto:Erin.Seaman at its.idaho.gov> | (208) 332-1876