[Igcm] IDTM 2022 revision required

Idaho Geospatial Council Membership igcm at admws.idaho.gov
Wed Oct 2 08:18:13 MDT 2019

MESSAGE SENT ON BEHALF OF KEITH WEBER, ISU:
Please forward any comments to Keith by November 4th:

Hello,

Following approval of the recommended revision to IDTM, we submitted that document to the NGS.  We then learned that two parameters needed to be modified to comply with NGS requirements.  These were the false northing and central meridian.  Interestingly, the changes were more in how we presented these parameters rather than the parameters themselves.  For instance, NGS requires false northing values to be zero (0). We wanted Idaho's false northing to be 1,000,000.  However, when coupled with an adjusted latitude of origin placed south of the Idaho/Utah border (suggested by NGS) where northing (y-values) are 0, effective y-values in the state of Idaho are indeed 1,000,000 and higher.

Second, NGS requires central meridian to be expressed in positive values.  Thus, our -114° failed that requirement.  It was then recalculated as 245° and is actually the exact same meridian but now expressed in positive numeric values.

The modifications were approved by the GC-TWG and submitted to NGS and approved there as well.

We will be requesting final approval from IGC/IGC-EC at the November 13th meeting, where I will be discussing this in more detail and using PPT to explain the modifications.

Please contact me by November 4th with your comments/questions.

Sincerely,

Keith T. Weber

GIS Director | GIS Training and Research Center (GIS TReC<http://giscenter.isu.edu/>), Office for Research

NASA DEVELOP<https://develop.larc.nasa.gov/> Science Adviser

NSF XSEDE<https://www.xsede.org/> Campus Champion

Graveley Hall<https://isu.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Styler/index.html?appid=acbe1950238a4eed86f731333515559b&lat=42.86139&lon=-112.43287&zoom=19> | Room B20

921 South 8th Ave., Stop 8104 | Pocatello, ID 83209

(208) 282-2757 | webekeit at isu.edu<mailto:webekeit at isu.edu>l